Customer Service Advantage, Inc. excels in identifying each client’s key customer service issues, recommending and implementing custom programs to address those issues, and quantifying the results to ensure that the client sees the value we bring to their organization.
Here are a few recent CSA, Inc. client collaborations that illustrate the cost-effective solutions that we’ve delivered.
This client wanted to facilitate a smooth transition to a new centralized call center model while improving the quality of service they provide to their customers, allowing them to serve people more effectively and to increase the percentage of first contact resolution. Their objective was to focus on the quality of service delivery with the goal of ensuring that each customer would be served with courtesy, promptness, and knowledge about his/her particular situation.
- CSA, Inc. developed and updated several call center tools that enabled staff to effectively and efficiently assist incoming customer calls.
- CSA, Inc. delivered comprehensive customer service training to both call center staff and back-up staff focusing on the use of the call center resources.
- CSA, Inc. worked with the client to develop Key Performance Indicators (KPIs) for call center staff. The KPIs defined baselines and targets that guide daily activities as well as maximize positive customer experience and optimize accuracy within the call center.
CSA, Inc.’s engagement successfully familiarized the client’s staff with the new call center environment. The client expressed that their Executive Team, their newly transitioned call center group, and the participants in the classes all had positive feedback on the tools developed by CSA, Inc. and that project management communication was very effective.
- CSA, Inc. developed four informational call center tools, provided training on the use of each, and delivered all contents and materials within the six months’ project timeline.
- Feedback from the newly transitioned call center group was overwhelmingly positive, with call center representatives voicing that the new tools are much easier to use and that the training helped them be more confident and better prepared to handle their new workload.
A large California County Public Assistance Department composed of over 3000 in-person and call center staff engaged with Customer Service Advantage, Inc. to enhance the customer experience for both internal and external customers and to increase staff morale, program efficiency and processing accuracy.
CSA, Inc. implemented a comprehensive program, delivered over three fiscal years, designed to ensure that the client’s customer service staff would exceed service standards and enhance its operational efficiency. The programs delivered included:
- Kaizen-driven back-office Process Improvement Events
- Redefining customer service definitions and expectations
- Re-evaluating recruitment and retention of millennial workers
- Customer service skills training for 300+ supervisors and managers
- Development of a comprehensive monitoring system
- Key performance indicators for program services delivery
- Performance evaluations
- And several more…
- Enhanced staff morale achieved through staff input and involvement in changes that impact their roles
- A rebalance between measuring quality and quantity of customer experience and technical accuracy
- Clear, consistent documentation of customer service standards
- Ability to better and more accurately rate staff’s performance
- A standardized Call Quality Review program that allows the client to monitor both quantitative and qualitative measures of success
A large U.S. port district wanted to streamline a time-consuming but important process for considering and awarding grants.
Facilitate a three-day Kaizen-driven Business Process Improvement Event in which the client team identifies and maps each step in the current process, evaluates those steps to eliminate waste and non value-added steps, and develops a new “to-be” process for future implementation.
|Before Kaizen||After Kaizen|
|Steps in Process:||245||58|
|Estimated Months From First Step to Last Step in Process:||7-8||3-4|
A west-coast city wanted to instill a strong service-driven culture among their staff responsible for Public Works services and Utility Billing.
Design and deliver a Customer Service Excellence program for the client’s 900+ staff consisting of the Six Essential Elements for Creating a Culture of Service:
- Setting Expectations
- Training Staff
- Empowering Staff
- Measuring Success
- Rewarding Success
- Improving Processes
Public Works service average response times
|Residential Parking Permits:||10.85||4.14|
A large County staffing a public assistance program, including in-person and call center staff, was not meeting their service standards. There was no funding to hire additional staff.
CSA, Inc. implemented a comprehensive program, delivered over three fiscal years, designed to ensure that the client’s service staff would exceed service standards. These included Kaizen-driven back-office process improvement Events, customer service skills training for 500+ staff, the development of a comprehensive monitoring system, a Call Quality Review Form, ongoing Calibration Exercises, Training Plans, Performance Measures for Agents and Supervisors, and a Coaching Plan and Guidelines for Agents.
As a result of the Customer Service Excellence programs designed and implemented by CSA, Inc., the County’s call center realized an increase in the speed, quality, and quantity of customer service provided to each inbound caller.
A major Southern California County agency wanted to identify what could be done to improve the service that was being provided by its call center to both internal and external customers.
CSA, Inc. initiated a three-phase project over a 15-month period to address the County’s concerns and support the 20-person call center staff. After conducting an evaluation of the client’s current call center practices, CSA, Inc. applied the Six Essential Elements for Creating a Culture of Service to implement a program that identified gaps in the service program and emphasized high customer satisfaction, first contact resolution, and workforce optimization to address the client’s call center issues.
|Average speed of answer||6:13 min||0:59 min|
|Abandoned calls||323 calls||61 calls|
|Avg. after call work time||24:51 min||16:10 min|
|Maximum Delay||50:51 min||15:06 min|
|Call volume per month||1122 calls||1275 calls|